I can't tell if it's obvious who each post is from until the end, so I'll start by saying this is Sherry again. I've looked at some of Eugene Atget's photographs, and I was struck by two. One of a doorway with a face, which I like because it is architecturally unique and attention grabbing. I like to photograph similar architectural oddities when on vacation. The other photo I liked was of a man pulling a wagon. I was drawn to it because of his gaze, which seemed to be right at the viewer but not like he was posing for the photo. It created an emotional connection. Here are links to these two.
http://www.atgetphotography.com/Images/Photos/EugeneAtget/atget57.jpg
http://www.atgetphotography.com/Images/Photos/EugeneAtget/atget68.jpg
Also, went to Green Springs today and saw these very interesting seed pods. I don't know what they are but I thought they made great subjects. Here are two perspectives. They were really tiny...much much smaller than they look here. Took these with a 45 mm macro lens. (My camera is 2x so that is a 90mm full frame equivalent)
Your images excited me because I saw that only by your seeing would we possibly know about the strange sculptural quality, the rounded, little boxes with the emphatic corner lines, the opening, the diagonal square motif around the little round hole, such an elaboration of detail, why, how? Are small seeds expelled from the little rattle box opening. Crazy. Nice use of selective focus. Try vertical.
ReplyDelete