Saturday, November 1, 2014

Spent the morning at Union Cemetery in Leesburg, VA and then focused the afternoon streamlining my import/processing/exporting.  Here are my results!







3 comments:

  1. Intimacy and the iconography of time's effect on stone angels and fresh flowers show times passing and how families honor their dead. This series harkens to David's cemetery series contrasting grand and simple markers too. Predominant pink and gold colors contrast cooler stone neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get to see some of your shots, Lisa. I like the second image with the stone cherub's body making a diagonal and the colors of the red tree and sunflowers behind, though the strength of the yellow shade makes for some distraction from the main subject. There is a nice storytelling aspect to the one below it. It makes me wonder who died fairly recently and what their relationship is to the person who left the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice group, I am really drawn to the Richard M shot. I like the contrast of hard and soft, dark and light with the slight intersection of the two. I like the choice of narrow focus and I think the randomness that Richard M. also adds interest.

    ReplyDelete