Enigmatic - seems to elevate simplest materials and function to aesthetic of sculpture. For more impact - and to make the picture more about what it's about - does it want to be a little sharper (to enhance texture and tactile sense of materials)?
It does want to be sharper. Let me fish out the photo it came from, and you will see that its about 1 % of the original photograph. I dont know how to sharpen that.
I also find this one pleasing to the eye. I think the only real way to have something sharply in focus is to do it with the camera when you shoot it. In post production increasing contrast can help a little, and upping the slider marked Clarity in Lightroom can help a bit, especially with an image that has a lot of texture. I am not sure how much difference it would make on something that has been cropped to this degree of close up. Barbara would be able to explain how it works better than I can. (Please forgive me if this posts twice, I'm sometimes confused about which google account I'm logged into and things I wrote post that initially didn't seem to)
Enigmatic - seems to elevate simplest materials and function to aesthetic of sculpture. For more impact - and to make the picture more about what it's about - does it want to be a little sharper (to enhance texture and tactile sense of materials)?
ReplyDeleteIt does want to be sharper. Let me fish out the photo it came from, and you will see that its about 1 % of the original photograph. I dont know how to sharpen that.
ReplyDeleteThe shapes, texture and crop are all very strong.
ReplyDeleteI also find this one pleasing to the eye. I think the only real way to have something sharply in focus is to do it with the camera when you shoot it. In post production increasing contrast can help a little, and upping the slider marked Clarity in Lightroom can help a bit, especially with an image that has a lot of texture. I am not sure how much difference it would make on something that has been cropped to this degree of close up. Barbara would be able to explain how it works better than I can. (Please forgive me if this posts twice, I'm sometimes confused about which google account I'm logged into and things I wrote post that initially didn't seem to)
ReplyDelete