A former student shared the good news that he'll be part of the 2014 Mountain Workshop where students are paired with Pulitzer prize winning journalists and photo journalists in a different Kentucky county each year. I found the video from last year in Owensboro very affecting.
When you see Luke Hall's flickr it's not at all surprising he was chosen.
A friend, Pam Richmond, known to Kate and Leslie, has been telling me about a book about the making of Richard Avedon's In the American West photographs she thought was wonderful.We own the Avedon book but I hadn't known of the book by his assistant Laura Wilson about the making of it. Pam dropped the book today to share with you. I think I prefer the book about the making of the final result. I will show both of them to you, thanks to Pam. There is a connection with the Mountain Workshop project - there is the final book, exhibition, video and then there is the making of...
Please bring or post something of interest to you in your own photography, or about the subject(s) that interest you, or about photography in general. Expand your photo-identity. Actually, Jane brought Greg Heisler's 50 Portraits: Stories and Techniques from a Photographer's Photographer the other day.
No comments:
Post a Comment