Monday, January 19, 2015

(From Rosalinda) I can't get Barbara's photos out of my mind! Why would I? They are delightful! Think these are the first photos I have ever seen which go well beyond being awesome photography. What I saw was art as noted by Anna.

But how does Barbara plan these photos? how does she find these places? how does she decide on the time of the day and the day of the year? how does she frame the scene and choose the perspective? what are the specs, camera, lens, shutter speed, aperture, and so on? what was the post-processing? how do you decide on the print? and how do you do the print? how do keep these prints like they were done yesterday?

I join Sherry and Anna noting those photo prints are so beautiful. They opened my eyes regarding printing. Following Sherry's point, before looking at Barbara's photo prints I thought why would I do prints? Now, like Anna said, I think virtual images are like an unfinished product and one needs to print to see the finished product.

I believe that Barbara's photos and prints made those scenes more beautiful than the real scenes.

So Please Barbara tell us: how do you do those photos?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you like the work. Good questions. How I do these is put myself in a place is to me also a muse. It picked me in a sense. I first knew I needed to go to Maine, where I would feel a kind of homecoming though I had no ties there at all, through the work of Eliot Porter. When I did go to Maine I saw that, as beautiful as his images were, they still beggared the imagination when it comes to the "real" experience of seeing Maine - or the Maine I saw. I love lichens, moss, woods and waters, wild, green profusion. So yes, there was a kind of love and passion.

    ReplyDelete