I really like your choice of white palette for you mom and her umbrella against all the colors in the foliage. My favorite is the second from bottom. I like the way the ribs of the umbrella are echoed in the foliage above her. Another great series!
I like the light values and sprightly palette, your styling with parasol and her light top, especially your fun family collaboration. Two might be my favorite, that one with frame filling goodness, all the better to tame white background. I often think of photo mantras, some of which are: give the image a top, micro movements matter, gesture, background and layers. Layers (in more ways than one) obviously come into play here. It often turns out that background, whatever that is given a particular image, can be a first concern, rather than an afterthought, or something we forget altogether.
It may or may not be a Japanese Maple tree with the orange leaves, but the parasol together with that and the other foliage have a Japanese feel for me. With all the overlay, underlay appearance of the lines making abstracted patterning, these shots bring to mind a print for a kimono. If you were inclined, you could do a whole series of these with different color schemes.
I really like your choice of white palette for you mom and her umbrella against all the colors in the foliage. My favorite is the second from bottom. I like the way the ribs of the umbrella are echoed in the foliage above her. Another great series!
ReplyDeleteI like the light values and sprightly palette, your styling with parasol and her light top, especially your fun family collaboration. Two might be my favorite, that one with frame filling goodness, all the better to tame white background. I often think of photo mantras, some of which are: give the image a top, micro movements matter, gesture, background and layers. Layers (in more ways than one) obviously come into play here. It often turns out that background, whatever that is given a particular image, can be a first concern, rather than an afterthought, or something we forget altogether.
ReplyDeleteIt may or may not be a Japanese Maple tree with the orange leaves, but the parasol together with that and the other foliage have a Japanese feel for me. With all the overlay, underlay appearance of the lines making abstracted patterning, these shots bring to mind a print for a kimono. If you were inclined, you could do a whole series of these with different color schemes.
ReplyDeleteIn fact, I might just steal that last thought for myself.
DeleteInterested to hear how you created these...they are so absorbing!
ReplyDelete