Thursday, October 16, 2014

Nature, reclaimed

I'm out in Indiana this week with little time to shoot or process images, but I was able to visit the Depauw University Nature Park. This park is a reclaimed limestone quarry in Greencastle, Indiana operated from 1917-1977, when it was abandoned. The landscape is quite strange, moonlike in some areas, tall limestone walls ringing a man made valley, filling in slowly with rainwater and vegetation. It's interesting to observe nature colonizing on bare rock of the floor and walls of the quarry, at this time of year in a patchwork of autumn colors. 




4 comments:

  1. This does haven an "other" worldly feel! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different angles and focus create a sense of place. I am curious about the color and contrast as they seem a bit hyper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and textures. I could see these printed on fabric as "repeats" the way textile designs are. Did you also shoot any of the details there more close up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The images are very graphic with that color palette. They remind me of a pastel painting.

    ReplyDelete