Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Dance II

Soooo......after talking about this series last night, I've been entertaining the thought of doing more of these a little bit.  Although doing "styled" shoots like this one really get me excited, I've never considered it "high art."  Below are the images from Pittsburgh of my mom.  The first one is my favorite.  I have several hundred, but only edited these four.
 




6 comments:

  1. Delightful! I wouldn't worry too much about labels ("high art") Whatever they are, I love the capture of dance en plein air. Photographers like Lois Greenfield (http://www.loisgreenfield.com/) and others specialize in dance and create art from the art of dancers - so you might look at some of them. I like the series approach very much - because I just do - seeing different facets of the same subject somehow uniquely plays to still-photo strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you worked with the light. The first one looks like she is hugging a sunbeam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, these are just lovely----the lighting, the shadows, the movement, the colors all work together beautifully, especially in a series. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I do have a question---did you use any reflectors or other tools to support these?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen- I don't own any reflectors. : /

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very whimsical and that is unusual for an older model (which is a great thing). They tell a story, maybe a storybook for grown-ups is in your future. I do love that gorgeous sumptuous light you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete