Here are 17 of my photos from Kenilworth this morning. The serenity of these gardens is wonderful, and the show that mother nature puts on is magnificent. Thank you, Barbara, for suggesting we go there.
Great shots, Dan. The first picture is amazing --- focusing in close on the details. I'll second thanks to Barbara for suggesting that we go to Kenilworth. We were all wishing that Leslie was there to point out her favorite spots. I'll download some shots soon. Stay cool today.
Hi Dan, you have a wide range of shots here, from abstract to portraits and landscapes. I really like #11 with the two white falling petals. It's a beautiful composition-and juxtaposition of the life cycle- using the petals and the bud as silhouettes against the curves of the darker leaves. I also like the last one-it's such a clean composition and whatever DOF you used works so well to make the shapes of the leaves surround the flower, and the positioning of the stems gives it a depth. Similar elements are in #16, the one just before.
I have to add that I tried to do many shots like your #15 because I wanted capture the sea of lotuses. All of mine were unsuccessful. I like your dark background in the trees and wonder where your focus was. It's hard to tell here but I would like to have more of the foreground to midway in focus. Actually, I think your #10, right after the bee captures the sea quite well with the flower in the foreground in focus and similar shapes all around in the background.-Kate
I agree on #11--my immediate favorite. Nice focus, nice composition. I also like #5--I have never seen that particular shape among the leaves and the web inside is intriguing. From this post, I can't tell how sharp it is on the inside, but I hope that is all crisp. Maybe highlight in there a bit. Not sure I like the stick in the background--but since I often do sticks like that myself, I want to live with it a bit.
I like 10, 12, 14, and 17 as classic flower portraits (suggest crop rt and left, and rotate 17 to lose side distraction and reinforce rhythms of stems and leaves). I like #2 as a portrait, but the light bit at the bottom pulls my toward that edge. A problem I noticed - insects can be a blur of motion while the flower is fairly calm. # 8 captures something strange and essential about improbable seed heads in parallel. #7, the knee, tells me the feathery trees were bald cypress. I do like 5, the leafboat with web cargo floating on a network of that stuff in #4. A few images want a little crisper focus, dof. Regardless of whether you feel compelled to return, this subject offers a good workout in seeing and camera work.
Great shots, Dan. The first picture is amazing --- focusing in close on the details. I'll second thanks to Barbara for suggesting that we go to Kenilworth. We were all wishing that Leslie was there to point out her favorite spots. I'll download some shots soon. Stay cool today.
ReplyDeleteHi Dan, you have a wide range of shots here, from abstract to portraits and landscapes. I really like #11 with the two white falling petals. It's a beautiful composition-and juxtaposition of the life cycle- using the petals and the bud as silhouettes against the curves of the darker leaves. I also like the last one-it's such a clean composition and whatever DOF you used works so well to make the shapes of the leaves surround the flower, and the positioning of the stems gives it a depth. Similar elements are in #16, the one just before.
ReplyDeleteI have to add that I tried to do many shots like your #15 because I wanted capture the sea of lotuses. All of mine were unsuccessful. I like your dark background in the trees and wonder where your focus was. It's hard to tell here but I would like to have more of the foreground to midway in focus. Actually, I think your #10, right after the bee captures the sea quite well with the flower in the foreground in focus and similar shapes all around in the background.-Kate
I agree on #11--my immediate favorite. Nice focus, nice composition. I also like #5--I have never seen that particular shape among the leaves and the web inside is intriguing. From this post, I can't tell how sharp it is on the inside, but I hope that is all crisp. Maybe highlight in there a bit. Not sure I like the stick in the background--but since I often do sticks like that myself, I want to live with it a bit.
ReplyDeleteI like 10, 12, 14, and 17 as classic flower portraits (suggest crop rt and left, and rotate 17 to lose side distraction and reinforce rhythms of stems and leaves). I like #2 as a portrait, but the light bit at the bottom pulls my toward that edge. A problem I noticed - insects can be a blur of motion while the flower is fairly calm. # 8 captures something strange and essential about improbable seed heads in parallel. #7, the knee, tells me the feathery trees were bald cypress. I do like 5, the leafboat with web cargo floating on a network of that stuff in #4. A few images want a little crisper focus, dof. Regardless of whether you feel compelled to return, this subject offers a good workout in seeing and camera work.
ReplyDelete