Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Baltimore's Cityscape

What an adventure with the photo gang. We covered lots of ground in colorful Baltimore. I'm sending "the station pastor" a few shots today. Here are a few from our trip. Fun day, Jane









5 comments:

  1. Jane, I especially like "Daniela" because she is soothing in contrast to the hard edges of the window shutters and shingles on the side of the building. The Howard Street bridge photo is surprisingly sharp and taken from an angle that creates a pleasing mix of arches and beams. A slight counterclockwise image rotation to make the beams vertical might improve it. Ah, but for a higher ISO and a faster shutter speed with the pastor... Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious. Looks like a great time. I especially like the first picture--I had to look at it a lot to "get" it and I think it is really interesting. Like Dan's comment about the bridges, I feel like you could do a little transformation in LR to get the building side more straight. Love how the hands touch things and the textures work together. The bridge beams are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments, Dan and Leslie. Interesting idea about rotating the Howard Street bridge photo.
    Ah, and the "pastor" was a challenge in that dark station. I was rushing and should have gone for higher ISO and faster shutter speed. The man/woman statue outside the station attracted us all.
    Looking forward to sunflowers on Tuesday, if the weather permits. Have a good weekend. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you captured the whole goofy pink flamingo, and of course the flamboyant shine customer. His dress is a clue that he doesn't mind being seen, which makes me think about the possible ways to approach shooting strangers. Sizing them up in terms of how they're likely to feel about being photo'd in a given situation is something you tune into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane I really like second shoeshine photo. It's nicely and tightly framed and there is some movement around the brush, which is nice to have to capture the action. It's all about the socks too, which are striking.

    ReplyDelete