Friday, January 30, 2015

I have made a preliminary effort to shoot in the style of Andrew Sanderson in the first shot below. I put it in black and white because that's his style, but I like the color one better, so I posted that too. In addition to his "at home" shots, I liked his humor shots, so I took a stab at one of those as well (second shot). I also included some that might fall into the category he called "Observation," which I take to mean things found, rather than arranged. I took those shots a while back but they were at home or nearby.











After looking back at the first version of this posted above, I could hear Barbara telling me to crop closer, so I did...I couldn't figure out how to delete the first one, but maybe it's interesting to see both.


Still trying out some variations...here are three more  ...







update:  ...at the risk of going a bit overboard, I'll post some additional bike shots in response to Barbara's question/comment about these being the same object lit differently...







2 comments:

  1. I really like those porcelain cats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! to the cats - I lol'ed in spite of myself. Too funny.

    Intimacy and simplicity here, plus play with light. Could the last two shots show the same object? The two images appear so radically different it's hard to believe that's the case. What a terrific lesson in light, seeing, perspective, framing, vantage point to take into the field. Play and intensified observation and engagement lead to unexpected, unusual results.

    I like the blending leaf and print. You might try varying vantage point for more diagonal variations.

    In class, let's talk about exposure compensation, ETTR and exposing high key subjects.

    I'm glad Sanderson offered you a good take-off point.

    You demonstrated a way to tap your imagination, while staying out of the wind on a cold winter's day.

    Interesting to blend existing with new shots.

    ReplyDelete