Still working on trying to capture "My City's Magic" and so sorry to not be able to join you all these last few weeks of the class- it has SO been worth the time and energy I spent going down there. Hope to be able to be a part of another of Barbara's classes again at some point!
![]() |
| Perelman Building, housing design exhibits |
![]() |
| Camera shake, unfortunately |
![]() |
| These last ones of the Museum were hand held from the car |
![]() |
| Joan of Arc Riding towards Museum |
![]() |
| Screen of Trees |
![]() |
| Red, white and blue |











Pat, hope you continue to post. It's interesting to see your work and your comments. I love the deep blue sky in #4. I might try cropping a bit of the foregrounds it's more of a panorama, you lose all the detail below the bridge. I also really like the one that you mentioned camera shake. Some areas seem very crisp and the shake almost looks like a double exposure. I also like the fountain support. Those horses look very menacing.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sharon. I really enjoy your work as well! The "camera shake" is weird, isn't it? The only place I really see it is along the edge of the fountain. I may try to see if I can edit that out and submit it to the contest, because I really like it, too.
DeletePat, it's great to see your new work here if not you in person. Taking the theme you discovered, city magic, into the night melds well with an interesting direction for you. For me, #1 best captures city magic. I like the contrast of sharp branches and motion-blurred leaves, the warm / cool leaf gold and moody sky and the mood created. Like Sharon, I like what light does for your night horse in #6.
ReplyDeleteI really like Joan of Arc, possibly cropped from the top, as a horizontal frieze procession, read of course from left to right, the green light, the street sign, the columns, the red light, the mix of signs and symbols.
If you venture inside or have already, I'd like to hear your response to Paul Strand (I hope I'm not forgetting your report if you already shared.)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletePat-- Digging the 1st two! Both offer a full range from dark to light....and the worms eye view gives me the feeling I feel when surrounded by the city. The eerie tree branch in #2 feels particularly ominous. Thank you for sharing. The last two don't fee quite as strong as the others.
ReplyDelete