Monday, October 6, 2014

Old Town Night Shoot - Ellen Miles

I was a wee bit uncomfortable shooting in Old Town at night--didn't find much inspiration along the pier area. I had a little more fun along King Street, which had all kinds of interesting activity going on. I haven't done much shooting at night, so this was a good learning experience for me. I find the mixed artificial lighting to be a bit of a challenge.
Closed for the Night


Happy Scarecrows

Strolling on King Street
Pops Ice Cream 
Window Shopping

Nautica
Closing Up Shop

Steamboat Wheel

2 comments:

  1. I think the light works really well for you on Steamboat Wheel, beautiful colors and shapes on that one. I also really love the pattern on pattern on pattern in Nautica, Window Shopping and Closed for the Night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notwithstanding feeling uninspired by the pier and the challenge of mixed light, I think you were successful in both settings. Exposure, lighting, sharpness and dof, and use of figures in scenes combine to create clear images with the drama of deep blacks and brilliant highlights. Nautica, compositionally as well with a strong sense of depth and near / far relationships, is especially interesting, I think.

    ReplyDelete