When searching for photos to inspire my storytelling images, I cam across some vintage photos by unknown photographers, and some contemporary photographers working in a surreal or fantasy and vintage influenced style.
Some of the Unidentified Vintage photos:
These are by Photographer Rodney Smith:
The next 2 are by Ukrainian Photographer Oleg Oprisco:
This last one is by a couple who work together, Robert and Shana Parke Harrison:
Thanks, Ellen. The inspiration is for a project that I have had on the back burner in my mind for a long time. Being asked to find inspiration was a great thing, the images I found inspiring actually surprised me and are helping me bring my ideas into focus a bit more.
Good image round up - and thanks for providing credit as available, so important. Keep us informed about your thinking about and finding, staging particular imagery. What challenges are involved in realizing the look and content you're after?
Barbara, at the moment the whole thing seems a bit overwhelming because there are so many elements involved. One challenge is how and where to find models. I think I get hung up on worrying about that when I could be thinking more about planning the images.
These are interesting---isn't it nice to find some inspiration?
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ellen. The inspiration is for a project that I have had on the back burner in my mind for a long time. Being asked to find inspiration was a great thing, the images I found inspiring actually surprised me and are helping me bring my ideas into focus a bit more.
ReplyDeleteGood image round up - and thanks for providing credit as available, so important. Keep us informed about your thinking about and finding, staging particular imagery. What challenges are involved in realizing the look and content you're after?
ReplyDeleteBarbara, at the moment the whole thing seems a bit overwhelming because there are so many elements involved. One challenge is how and where to find models. I think I get hung up on worrying about that when I could be thinking more about planning the images.
Delete