A few landscape shots from my travels, along with some local shots taken at Great Falls NP. I have been learning photography since 2011 and have a Canon 7D. (I am thinking about getting a new camera with a full-frame sensor, but am suffering sticker shock!) I love the outdoors and nature, which has become a central focus of my photography.
 |
| Denali National Park, Alaska |
 |
| Hiking the Davidson Glacier, Alaska |
 |
| Davidson Glacier Detail |
 |
| Haleakala National Park, Hawaii |
 |
| Grand Canyon, Arizona |
 |
| Grand Canyon, Arizona |
 |
| Mt. Osorno, Chile |
 |
Great Falls National Park, Virginia |
 |
| Great Falls National Park, Maryland |
 |
| Sunrise, Virginia Beach, VA |
 |
| Sunrise, Bryce Canyon, Utah (my first and last attempt at HDR) |
Great shots; I really like the water photos from Great Fals.
ReplyDeleteI just learned what HDR is in a lecture I attended. I wonder why you wouldn't you use it again? The way you captured the mist and clouds in the Hawaiian photo has such great atmosphere. I also especially the like the refection on the water in the one shot of Great Falls. It also provokes a strong feeling for me. Lovely.
ReplyDeletePat, I think I am too lazy for HDR, although I did like the result from blending three exposures of the same shot, allowing me to bring out some beauty that would have been lost on the shadows. The downside is that I don't like spending a lot of time sitting at my computer doing the processing.
ReplyDeleteI have seen HDR pics that blended more that three pictures.
DeleteInteresting HDR comments - even the magic of digital capture still can't cope with high dynamic range. Shooting at the right times and places can go a long way toward taking advantage of useable dynamic range. Other situations may require the HDR processing to eke out details from highlights and shadows. I take Ellen's point and don't know that I call it lazy - just a matter of preference. To my eye your Bryce image doesn't appear overly processed, which can be an HDR issue. It's good to know the tool is available (in PS and other software, including stand along HDR processors) whether or not you choose to use it.
ReplyDeleteI too love your GF image - how many times have I stood at that spot to add to a series of images through the seasons. Spring, when the water is high and the greens are tender, is a great time.
Overall I appreciate your sense of composition generally and line, color, light and scale in particular.
I wonder where your love will take you - keep looking at other landscape imagery and asking what you can do that is uniquely expressive of your point of view.
I love all your pictures but especially the ones of the glaciers and Alaska. The way you brought the colors make the interesting because there is not vegetation in the way. I also really like the Bryce Canyon picture. And I like that you took a picture of Great Falls in the winter. I find it interesting and it invokes winter for me and the desire for the green of spring.
ReplyDelete