iphone photos--I haven't had much time to shoot this week, but I have been making images with my iPhone for a while. I like the casual approach that not having a serious camera affords me.
The random diary string of images reminds me of waypoints on a gps trace. I like the dual fish shadows and the way the hand shape appears more clearly in the shadow image, I like the luscious greens and clarity of the edible looking water plants, the clarity, balance and juxtaposition of museum elements between marble sculpture, wood, stone and gleaming metal.
I also especially enjoyed the reflection, as well the black cloth-covered chairs and the stones. These are loads better than my iPhone photos! There is something liberating about a small, pocket-sized camera, isn't there? always try to remember that some really good work can be made with the phone. I think it was last year that I watched the finalists of a phone-video contest at the Corcoran-I was so impressed.
Like the reflection--really hard to reconcile the two halves being from the same place at the same moment.
ReplyDeleteThe random diary string of images reminds me of waypoints on a gps trace. I like the dual fish shadows and the way the hand shape appears more clearly in the shadow image, I like the luscious greens and clarity of the edible looking water plants, the clarity, balance and juxtaposition of museum elements between marble sculpture, wood, stone and gleaming metal.
ReplyDeleteI also especially enjoyed the reflection, as well the black cloth-covered chairs and the stones. These are loads better than my iPhone photos! There is something liberating about a small, pocket-sized camera, isn't there? always try to remember that some really good work can be made with the phone. I think it was last year that I watched the finalists of a phone-video contest at the Corcoran-I was so impressed.
ReplyDelete