Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Inspired by Eva's photos

I went outside this afternoon to capture what I thought was a butterfly, but....

3 comments:

  1. Jane, I like the warm light of this photograph- it does looks like the afternoon- it captures the textures of the petals. The butterflies are sharp and the details of the bristly parts of both pink flowers add nice detail.It must be challenging to capture these small creatures before they fly away, which limits the control one might have over the background. Ideally, it might work even better to move the straight stems on the right and left to just have the yellow flower shapes in the background, but that would likely upset the butterflies. I myself haven't taken these kind of pictures, although I have recently captured a bumble bee on a thistle. It must have reached that point of intoxication the Leslie mentioned because that bee seemed like it was not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments, Kathryn. I hadn't thought about moving the stems -- next time. I did this on the fly without a tripod, which would have helped. Testing out a lens I got a few months ago. It's fun getting close up to shoot. Tried shooting a bumble bee but it kept moving.

      Delete
  2. really nice and so sharp for no tripod! I actually like the straight stem on the right. For me, it is about an anchoring line that goes from edge to edge--so I look for lines like that--probably why it doesn't bother me. Bugs are so much fun to shoot if they would just hold still.

    ReplyDelete